Cast Your Line for Tickets to the 3rd Annual Taste of the Sea 2016
Sea Delight Ocean Fund’s Responsibly Sourced Seafood Tasting & Celebrity Chef Challenge Presented by Allied Kitchen & Bath, Saturday, October 1, 2016
MIAMI — It’s going to be another flavor explosion that can’t be found in just one restaurant. The 3rd Annual Taste of the Sea – 100 Years of Fishing History, is set to cast off at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 1st. At this year’s Taste of the Sea you will savor the finest responsibly sourced seafood dishes created by South Florida’s all-star celebrity chefs and experience these Chef’s “Fish-Off” Challenge, with guests voting on their favorite chef’s seafood creation. Guests will enjoy delicious wine, craft beer and spirits to complement each dish along with scrumptious desserts, music, raffles and an interactive conservation village.
Presented by Allied Kitchen & Bath, the 3rd Annual Taste of the Sea will take place from 6:30 – 11:00 p.m. at the unique Gallery of Amazing Things, centrally located at 481 South Federal Highway, Dania Beach, FL 33004.
In addition to the “Fish-Off” Challenge for the fan favorite dish that all chefs compete in, this year the heat is rising and we are hosting a LIVE “CHOPPED” Style Competition featuring six celebrity chefs battling it out for the top prize and bragging rights!
“We are very excited to host our 3rd Annual Taste of the Sea “100 Years of Fishing History” and bring to South Florida an incredible array of celebrity chefs preparing delicious seafood dishes using responsibly sourced seafood. We are working with many of the most talented chefs who support our organization’s goal of creating awareness about seafood sustainability, boasts Adriana Sanchez, , Sustainability Director of Sea Delight and President of the Sea Delight Ocean Fund. “The Sea Delight Ocean Fund is proud to count on the support of Preferred Freezer Services and Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, LLC, who have been our sponsors these past 3 years, and also welcome Foa & Son Insurance Brokers and Robert Shapiro and Associates this year, as our main sponsors. It is truly inspiring to work with organizations focused on the health of our oceans alongside these gifted culinary masters,” noted Adriana Sanchez,
“Allied Kitchen and Bath is proud to be the culinary partner with the Sea Delight Ocean Fund for their 3rd Annual Taste of the Sea and showcase our products with celebrity chefs for this worthy cause,” shares Bill Feinberg, President, Allied Kitchen & Bath.
“Preferred Freezer Services is committed to ecological sensitivity and constant innovation in the warehousing and logistics industry. Our continuous development and sustained operation of the most cutting-edge refrigerated warehouses depends upon learning from the past while always looking towards the future. On the occasion of celebrating 100 Years of Fishing History, we are reminded through our sponsorship of the Sea Delight Ocean Fund’s Taste of the Sea the importance of preserving and improving sustainable global fisheries for future generations,” said Brian Beattie, President of Preferred Freezer Services.
All-Stars chefs include All-Stars Celebrity Chefs include:
- Chef Robyn Almodovar, “Winner” of both of the Food Network’s shows Chopped and Cut Throat Kitchen, contestant of FOX’s Hell’s Kitchen and owner of the Palate Party food truck. Chef Robyn is serving as Host of the Taste of the Sea’s Live “Chopped” competition.
- “Winner” of Food Network’s Chopped, Chef Adrienne Grenier is Executive Chef of 3030 Ocean at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort.
- Red Robin “Burger Winner” Chef Michell Sanchez, of Latin House Grill, winner of the 2nd Annual Taste of the Sea Fish Off Challenge and a contestant on both of Food Network’s Chopped and featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.
- NY Chef Barret Beyer, contestant on Fox’s, Hell’s Kitchen, Season 11, Food Network’s Kitchen Casino, Cutthroat Kitchen and known as the “palate pirate” throughout Long Island, New York.
- Chef Alain Lemaire, contestant on Food Network’s Cutthroat Kitchen and owner of Sensory Delights Catering, a full service off premises caterer.
- Chef Alex Rodil, contestant on both Food Network’s Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen and owner of On the Fly private catering for the yachting industry.
- Chef Nuno Grullon, of Miami’s new Café Roval and known internationally for its innovative menu highlighting seasonal, farm-to-table ingredients and featured on BRAVO’s Best New Restaurant.
- Chef Ryan Martin, owner of 180° at the DRB in downtown Miami is known worldwide for his global flavors and his Gastronomy Redefined.
- Chef Aaron Dreilinger, is partner and co-owner of Chef David Catering and Event Design, one of Miami’s premier gastronomic event planning enterprises.
- Sous Chef Rod Knight of Thursday’s, the newest French-American restaurant on Las Olas that is known for its landmark status in Montreal, Canada.
- Executive Chef Eric Baker of Max’s Harvest is known for his innovative dishes made with locally sourced products with a global influence. Max’s Harvest, was the first farm to fork concept to open in Palm Beach County.
- Chef Kareem Anguin, formerly of Oceanaire Seafood Room and now creating his culinary masterpieces for Open Blue raising the finest quality Cobia in the deep open ocean off the coast of Panama.
- Chef Rolin Gordon, owner of the acclaimed Tropic Gourmet Spice & Catering and his own Tropic Gourmet Hot Sauce.
- Chef and Gastronomy Professor Raimundo Rincon will be representing the Federacion Lationamericana Gastronomia and 3R Catering Miami.
In addition to these famous celebrity chefs, we are proudly collaborating and pairing with our exclusive partners such as P&G Fine Wines, Iceberg Vodka, Cockspur Rum, Baron Tequila, Hartfield & Company Bourbon, Biscayne Bay Brewing Company and Pastry Chef Anthony Billisi of Mimi’s Ravioli, Dipsa Snacks , and CafféLuxe will be providing incredible desserts and coffee. The responsibly sourced seafood which will be served this evening, is donated by Sea Delight, Pier 33 Gourmet, Marky’s Caviar, and Mariner Seafood.
“MBAF is a proud annual sponsor of Taste of the Sea. It’s a spectacular and fun event that showcases many local chefs and restaurants dedicated to marine conservation. Make sure to bring your appetites”, shares Andre N. Chammas, Principal Morrison, Brown Argiz & Farra, LLC.
“Everyone has a role to play in ocean conservation and this event is a unique opportunity to bring the south Florida community closer to important fishery improvement projects,” said Wendy Goyert, Senior Program Officer, World Wildlife Fund. “Sustainable seafood doesn’t just end up on the plate at a local restaurant. It starts with hard work on the ground in coastal communities from Southeast Asia to Latin America and the Caribbean. We look forward to making that connection for people attending Taste of the Sea.”
“As one of Sea Delight’s sustainability partners, FishWise is extremely proud to be involved in what promises to be a fantastic event in Miami. We’re excited to share the story of how Sea Delight has continued to strengthen its commitment to sourcing responsible seafood, and of course, try some of the amazing seafood creations on offer!” shares “Bill” William Wall, Distributor Division Director of Fishwise.
“As insurance brokers, one may question why we are so passionate about seafood sustainability. Our insurance practice has a strong focus on the needs of the seafood industry, and we are simply in awe of the efforts being taken around the world to address this most important topic. We are proud to play a role through our support of Taste of the Sea 2016,” shares Michael Lieberman; Foa & Son, Vice President, Food Industry Insurance Division.
“RSA are proud to support the Sea Delight Ocean Fund and the organizations constant focus and efforts to improve the responsible sourcing of seafood, through their various sustainability initiatives and programs,” said Alex Damcevski, VP of Sales, Robert Shapiro & Associates.
To purchase tickets click at here. Ticket prices are $50.00 per person or Couple’s Tickets at just $75.00 for the pair.
The Sea Delight Ocean Fund, is a local 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2012 to create and support global fishery improvement projects and better fishing practices initiatives that protect marine resources and promote conservation efforts globally. All proceeds from this event will help further marine conservation programs led by the Sea Delight Ocean Fund, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation and protection of our oceans.